Continued from Part 2: http://wp.me/ppImQ-mt
Your Body Is Your Real Home!
There are messages everywhere in the universe if we choose to acknowledge and learn from them. You or someone you know has a 1 in 3 chance of developing high blood pressure. So, heed these statistics and take care of your body before it is too late. Your body is your real home and good health is your real wealth and greatest gift. While everyone needs to be concerned with hypertension, “African Americans with high blood pressure have a 4 times greater risk of developing hypertension related end stage kidney disease than the general population.” Source: “The Puzzle of Hypertension in African Americans,” Scientific American.
10 Things You Can Do Now!
- Listen to your body and the messages regarding health that come to you and do what you must to make the necessary changes before it is too late. And, while you’re at it. Learn about the function of each organ and how to keep it healthy.
- Reduce Stress. Stress can lead to high blood pressure (hypertension). High blood pressure can lead to kidney failure. Kidney failure leads to dialysis. So, chill! Rest; Relax; Take it easy! Take care of yourself.
- Eat more fresh and organic foods and less salt.
- Maintain a healthy weight!
- Live simpler!
- Have faith and worry less.
- Don’t drink or smoke.
- And, remember your body is your earthly temple and not just some meat suit. So take really good care of it. After all, where are you going to live when your body gives out?
Barbara Talley is a keynote speaker, author of six books, and trainer on value-based living themes. She also offers Effective Communication, Diversity, Leadership, Time Management, and Goal Setting workshops. Visit her at www.thepoetspeaks.com or contact her at 301-428-4831. You may email her at Barbara@ThePoetSpeaks.com