CAN YOU SAY YES TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS?
- Can you count on yourself?
- Would you bet your all on yourself?
- Do you believe in yourself?
- Do you take the commitments to yourself as seriously as those to other people?
- Is your word worth as much when it comes to keeping promises you make to yourself?
- Are the words you say to yourself encouraging, supportive, and loving?
Any answer other than “yes” can keep you from being successful. Do you remember how it feels to be let down by someone? It is disheartening to say the least. And, the closer that person is to you, the worst it feels. Don’t let yourself down.
How Many Times Have You Let Yourself Down?
Well, have you ever thought about the deleterious effects of not even being able to depend on your own self either? How must that make one feel? What do you think that does to one’s self esteem to realize that they can not even rely on their own self? How many times have you let yourself down, set a goal and then ignored or abandoned it? If you want to be happy, hopeful, and successful, be the one person you can rely on and trust. Be honest with yourself. If you make a promise through a goal, follow through on it. Build that self-trust and with it your self-esteem and personal power.
I’m Barbara Talley, the poet who speaks and inspires. To find out more about me check out: What Does Barbara Do? or visit my website.