One of my daughters used to say, “Be nice, baby,” to everyone when she was about three years old. I’m wishing the same for you, “Be nice, baby!” When people are nice to us, we are happier. When we make others happy, now that’s pure joy! We habitually say, “Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Happy Valentines Day, and “Happy Holidays.” Why not “Happy Monday, Happy Tuesday, Happy Wednesday, etc?” And while you’re sending out that happy wish why not follow it up with nice thoughts, words, and actions. Just like gloom is contagious, so is happiness. So go infect others with happiness, by wishing the best for them each day, not just on special days.
You can change your life by changing your words, nice matters. We can all improve; to get started:
- Carry around a notebook the next few days and take note of how kind your words are.
- Are they forgiving or intolerant?
- Are they judgmental or complimentary?
- Do they uplift or dishearten? Do they encourage or dampen the other person’s spirit? In short, do your words soothe and inspire the soul of the person hearing them?
- Also notice the reactions to your words.
- Are they smiling or frowning? Are they happy or sad?
Also check out this post on ‘5 Simple Ways to Stay Happy‘ by another blogger.
In closing, we’ll get more of our needs met by being nice and we’ll also like that person in the mirror a whole lot more. With so many things that are out of our control, isn’t it heartwarming to know that some things still are?